- 1 can (11 1/2 oz.) Bloody Mary mix.
- 1/3 C tequila
- 3 T lime juice
- 1/3 C finely chopped green onion, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 t minced fresh jalapeño chili, seeded or hot with the seeds
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 3/4 pound shelled cooked shrimp meat
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges
- tortilla chips or Saltine crackers
1. In a bowl, stir together tomato and chili cocktail mix, tequila, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons chili.
2. Pit and peel avocados; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Add avocados and shrimp to cocktail mixture. Mix gently and add salt and more chili to taste.
3. If desired, rub rims of 4 Margarita or Martini glasses with a lime wedge. Immediately dip into a dish filled with 1/4 inch kosher salt.
4. Spoon avocado-shrimp cocktail equally into glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve with tortilla chips or Saltine crackers.
Yield: 4 Servings