- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese (4 to 6 slices)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or Black Forest ham
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Ceole Seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fine unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut each piece of chicken in half horizontally and place each piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound out to a 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Place the 8 chicken pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide cheese evenly between 4 pieces of chicken. Arrange prosciutto slices evenly over cheese; top with remaining 4 pieces of chicken. Tuck in any cheese or prosciutto that extends over the edges. Secure chicken pieces together using toothpicks along the edges to form a “sandwich.”
3.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
4. Place flour in a shallow dish; season with 1 tablespoon essence. In another shallow dish, mix together eggs and milk using a fork. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish; season with remaining 2 teaspoons Essence. Dip a chicken “sandwich” in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture, followed by seasoned breadcrumbs; transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining chicken “sandwiches.”
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken “sandwiches” in skillet and cook, until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken and cook 2 minutes more.
Transfer to prepared baking sheet and place in oven. Cook until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove toothpicks, slice into medallions and serve immediately.