Dungeness Crab Salad in Crisp Wonton Cups
For the wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 18 wonton wrappers, thawed (if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Brush the wonton wrappers with oil and place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin. Gently press each wrapper into the tin and arrange so that it forms a cup shape. The wrapper will overlap itself and stick up out of the cup. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until brown and crisp. Remove from the tin and allow wrappers to cool.
3. Meanwhile whisk together the zest, lime juice, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Add the oil and whisk until well combined.
4. In a medium bowl, toss together the crabmeat, celery, mango, scallion and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to combine. Fill each cup with the crab salad and serve.