Grilled Oysters With Mango & Red Chili Horseradish
Mango Pico de Gallo
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into small dice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into a fine dice
- 1 small jalapeno, cut into a fine dice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t honey
- 2 T cilantro leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Red Chili Horseradish:
- 1/2 C prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 T ancho chili powder
To make the Pico de Gallo:
1. Mix together the mango, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, honey and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir to combine. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
To make the Red Chili Horseradish:
1.Mix together the horseradish and ancho chili powder in a small bowl. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
To prepare the oysters:
Heat the grill to high. Dip oysters in water, as this will help them steam open on the grill. Place oysters on the grill, close the cover, and grill until the oysters have opened, about 3-4 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Place a tablespoon of the pico de gallo in each oyster and a little bit of the red chili horseradish.
Servings: 20 oysters