- 8 (6-7oz.) salmon filets, skin off
- 1 C freshly grated horseradish
- 6 T dijon mustard
- 1 t white pepper
- 3 T sour cream
- 6 T mayonnaise
- 4 C panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
8 servings of garlic mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together horseradish, mustard, white pepper, sour cream and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper each salmon filet to taste.
3. Coat each filet with horseradish mixture. Spread bread crumbs on top of the horseradish mixture. Spray each filets bread crumb topping with pan coating-vegetable oil spray.
4. Lightly coat sheet pan with olive oil.
5. Form 8 servings of the garlic mashed potatoes the size of the salmon filet on the sheet pan and place each salmon filet on top of the potato mixture.
6. Roast in the oven about 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the filet, could be longer) until salmon reaches medium rare.
7. Then run under the broiler for a minute or two to turn crust golden brown. Serve immediately.