- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb ground veal or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
1. Cut a slice of about 1/2 inch on the top of bell peppers, remove seeds and empty them.
2. In a big skillet, cook ground veal at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until brown. Remove grease from the skillet. Add salsa, 1 cup grated cheese and uncooked rice. Mix well. Stuff peppers with the mixture of ground veal.
3. Pour water in the crockpot. Add stuffed bell peppers by packing them well. Cover and cook at low setting 6 to 7 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle the bell peppers with remaining cheese.