- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 large sesame-seed hamburger buns
- Additional hoisin sauce
- Additional mayonnaise
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
Place first 4 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, blend until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Mix in next 5 ingredients. Form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté patties until fish is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, toast hamburger buns. Spread bottom halves of buns with additional hoisin. Spread top halves with additional mayonnaise. Transfer burgers to bottom halves of bun; top each with 2 lettuce leaves and top half of bun.