- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoons yellow miso (fermented soybean paste)*
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 48 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons sesame seeds (white and/or black)
- Cocktail toothpicks
*Available at Japanese markets and natural foods stores and in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.
Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend well. Season orange-miso sauce to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Line large baking sheet with foil. Place salmon and vegetable oil in large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place sesame seeds on small plate. Coat 1 surface of each salmon piece with sesame seeds. Arrange salmon, sesame-coated side up, in single layer on prepared baking sheet. DO AHEAD Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake salmon uncovered until just cooked through, about 5 minutes; transfer to platter. Skewer each piece with toothpick. Serve warm, passing orange-miso sauce.
Yield: 48 pieces