- Olive Oil, for grilling
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bunches scallions (white and light-green parts only), cut into 2-inch piecesDirections:
1. Soak eight to ten wooden skewers in water, about 15 minutes. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Whisk together honey, soy sauce and vinegar. Reserve half the sauce for serving.
2. Thread shrimp, pineapple and scallions onto skewers. Grill until shrimp begin to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Brush with sauce, flip and brush again. Grill until shrimp are cooked and pineapple and scallions are lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.