Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch
You may add shredded beef or chicken to this recipe at 2 Cups
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch cilantro, rinsed and stem remover, chopped
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1-7oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 package of egg roll or wonton wrappers
- 3/8 cup mayonnaise
- 3/8 cup sour cream
- 3 T buttermilk
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
Place all avocado-ranch ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Use immediately.
Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together corn, beans, cilantro, cheese, chiles, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Using a small spoon, scoop a small amount of filling onto the wrapper. Starting at a corner, carefully start to roll the wrapper. When it’s slightly rolled, tuck in the two side and continue rolling to the last point. Wet your finger with water and dab a bit on the corner to seal the egg roll. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet.
Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes, flipping them at least once during baking.
Yield: Makes 48 mini rolls, or 24 regular rolls