- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1/3-ounce dried bonito flakes
- 2-inch square giant kelp (konbu)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let stand 24 hours. Strain through a cheesecloth and store up to 3 months in a cool, dark place, or in the refrigerator.
Spicy Sushi Sauce
- 1/4 c Soy or Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp Hot Chili with Garlic paste
- 1 tsp corn syrup (or brown sugar)
Stir everything together in serving bowl.
- 1 Onion; small; sliced
- 1/2 c Soy sauce
- 1/4 c Rice wine vinegar
- 1 1-inch piece gingerroot
Place all ingredients in blender and mix at high speed until gingerroot and onion are finely chopped, about 2 minutes.
Vietnamese Ginger Sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1/2 cup neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed
- 1/4 cup trimmed scallions, white and green parts combined, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons good soy sauce
Stir together the ginger, oil, scallions, and salt in a bowl. The mixture should be quite strong; you can add more ginger, scallions, or salt if you like.
- 1 cup grated raw carrot (1 medium-large carrot)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounces soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ground ginger
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Can also be served over rice and stir-fried bok choy or thinly shredded cabbage.
Vietnamese Ginger Sauce II
- 4 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 3 large red chilies, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
Vietnamese Wrap Sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 c water
In small saucepan, mix hoisin sauce, oil and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in
peanuts. Pour into small serving bowl and allow to cool.